Sunday, December 19, 2010
Crash
Watching the movie Crash in class really wrapped up our unit of race well. The movie although wasn't very logical how they all were interlocked, described and demonstrated racial issues in our society. In the movie their is implicit and explicit racism. In the movie Sandra Bullock's character links arms and moves closer to her husband while walking to her car when she sees two black men walking. She wasn't trying to be racist but it came out that way to the two black men walking which was implicit racism. As well as her using implicit racism, she also uses explicit racism when she screams at her husband that she wants a new locksmith because he is Hispanic and she thinks he is a gang banger. This movie shows that even though some people don't try to be racist or know they are being racist it is happening all the time. It sad how racist our society has become. I think people need to realize that implicit racism is just as bad as explicit racism. People should be more aware of their actions as well as words towards others. I know just like Sandra Bullock's character I am more cautious when I am walking around in the city even though I'm not trying to be racist it is just how we are taught in society. From learning about race in class and watching the movie Crash, I am going to be more aware of my surroundings and hope that more people will be less critical of other people and realize that just because you are a different race doesn't mean you can't get along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment